Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy November

My husband and I are preparing to travel abroad, and according to my calendar, I a normally would have my period right smack in the middle of this trip.  Fabulous, no?

But that also means, I could determine that we're pregnant during this trip.

Fabulous, yes? :)

I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  It's very possible that our first try at attempting to get pregnant didn't work.  It normally takes a few months.  But I can't help but be excited at the possibility.  My husband and I had a realization the other night standing in the kitchen that our child could very well be growing inside of me right now.  He put his hand on my stomach and we looked at each other - it was surreal.  It's very feasible to think that we could be unknowingly 3 at this point (or 5 if you could our fur children).

I had another touching moment standing in the kitchen, washing dishes of all things.  I could see my husband interact with our dog through an opening over the sink.  The dog was sitting on a recliner, and my husband proceeded to wrap him up in a blanket, start rubbing his back and kissed his head.  It was a sweet moment that I do not believe my husband realized was on display and that I was attentively watching.  But I couldn't help but melt a bit when I saw it, thinking "I hope I'm pregnant.  I want to make him a father."

This will probably be my last post before I go on the trip.  Sooo by the next time I write, I very well could be considered a mommy-to-be!


No comments:

Post a Comment