Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Prenatal Vitamins


To my future child,

          You may eventually learn that your mommy is not very good at swallowing pills.  I am fully aware that it is a mental thing, but for a very very long time I couldn't even swallow a small aspirin.  Your father laughs at me, and can swallow horse pills without any water whatsoever.

           You may remember my comment from yesterday about how mommy & daddy are uber-planners, yes?  Well keeping with this uber-planner mentality, I've been taking prenatal vitamins for about 5 months now.  I was taking a chewable prenatal from Target, but at my preconception check-up with the OBGYN, she prescribed that I take these:


These. Are. Huge.

The blue pill can be chewed, and while it's very chalky and reminds me of tums, it's not bad.  But the yellow pill must be swallowed.  That's the DHA supplement that is supposed to help you develop a healthy brain, eyes, and nervous & immune systems.  So -it's a big deal.

While I don't expect a medal or a card or anything like that for forcing myself to take these horse pills, I just want you to know how much I love you and want the best for you.  That mommy tells herself every morning when staring at this pill, that this isn't about her.  It's about you.


Love,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment