Monday, October 22, 2012

Making Milam

I don't know an eloquent way to say 'Welcome to my Blog' other than "Welcome to my Blog!"  I wanted to create a way to record my thoughts, feelings, and happenings of this life stage my husband and I are about to enter into :

Pregnancy.

We've been married for one year now, and had always planned on starting to try to conceive a child around our first wedding anniversary.  I wanted to create a diary for myself really, as I'm undecided if I'll ever share this with anyone I actually know.  But just a way to document the process of trying to conceive, finding out we're pregnant, being pregnant, and the entire process of welcoming a big-headed child into the world.  (If you knew my husband and myself - you would know this statement is going to be true.  The one time I'll thank God for me getting the large bone structure and wide set hips that is common in my mother's family.)

Right now we are in the phase of trying to conceive.  Technically, we started "trying" yesterday.  I've numerous books, been planning logistics for months, met with multiple doctors to make sure everything is a Go, made huge boards on Pinterest with baby stuff... Not that it makes you any more ready, but it's just how my hubby and I are.  We're planners.  We went to bridal shows before we were engaged.  We're planning our nursery before we're even pregnant.

I hope that we're able to conceive quickly, so the timing works with our plans (see above).  Granted, I've been told many a times that when you make a plan, God laughs at them, but I'm just hoping for us to not have to go through a long drawn out process.  I imagine it can be very draining on the couple and their relationship.  Amongst our friends who are parents, we've seen a wide spectrum of scenarios.  One couple tried for 3 years to get pregnant to no avail, and they had to seek medical assistance.  A few couples had a few miscarriages before successfully carrying a baby full term.  But then there are those that as soon as they started trying, they got pregnant.  Easy easy easy...  Hopefully we're one of those.

I've made several changes in my own routine to try and prepare, just the only thing I'm concerned of is my weight.  I lost weight for our wedding, then in the year after I gained a bit back (10 lbs), but am trying to get that back off.  At one of my preconception check-ups (yes, it's a thing), my OBGYN told me that I was technically obese and needed to loose a lot of weight before getting pregnant.  I've been trying but due to an injury I haven't been able to work out as much.  And for some reason I have this "eat everything you can now before you're pregnant" mentality, making it even harder to loose.

So I apologize in advance for the scattered thoughts if anyone other than myself reads this, it's the most significant thing I've done in my life and frankly I'm scared out of my mind.  But here's to praying for a successful, healthy pregnancy...

No comments:

Post a Comment