Friday, January 4, 2013

Things to eat once the baby is born

Coconut shrimp
Sushi
Steamed shrimp
Steamed crabs...
Peanut butter & apricot jelly sandwich
Peanut M&M's

Instead of looking at this and saying "These are things I want but can't eat!", I'm trying to take the more optimistic road by saying "I look forward to eating these in July / August".

We've narrowed it down to two crib / dresser sets, in which our family has graciously offered to pay for.  This makes things tremendously easier on us - especially with our champagne tastes.  Our original plan was that we would buy the crib, dresser, and glider with a portion of our tax refund.  Well, with two of those three taken care of, the glider was the only thing left.  I've had a difficult time finding a glider on the babies 'r us website that didn't have several negative reviews claiming that "I'm really short and I can't rest my head on this!!! meh!!", so I expanded my search elsewhere.  I asked our neighbors who had a baby boy in May where their glider was from (I'd seen it before and knew it was the exact style and color I wanted), and they said Burlington Coat Factory.  Burlington Coat Factory of all places!!!  I've never shopped at this store in my life.  Long story short - after visiting one store then calling all over the state of Maryland, we finally found 1 store with 1 of this specific glider.  My husband went to pick it up, and while it was already a good price comparatively at $350 (included ottoman), the cashier gave him a 20% off coupon!  Yay us! :)  And with some tickets we've sold recently and a football pool my husband partakes in, our profits more than paid for the chair.

At this point, we're 12 weeks and 3 days and I'm starting to feel better for the most part in regards to nausea and food aversions.  I do still tire easily and it's difficult to get out of bed in the morning.  My body tends to ache which is inconvenient.  My belly is starting to get a little bigger.  Today my jeans are unbuttoned and held together with a hair tie.  They could be buttoned and be fine - but I have been more wary of tight pants recently.

Duncan went ahead and did the honors of providing the first scratch(es) on your brand new, gorgeous, expensive floors.  Blame him.

No comments:

Post a Comment